Terms & Conditions
The following are the terms of trade of Okanagan Skydive, Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd. doing business as Okanagan Skydive. 6626 Tronson Rd. Vernon B.C. Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd is the seller of all tandem skydives over Vernon B.C. and other ancillary items, including but not limited to certificates, photographs, DVDs, and merchandise. All dealings with Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd will be on these Terms of Trade unless otherwise agreed in writing with Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd.
1. Bookings Terms and Conditions: All paperwork, safety briefing and gear-up must be completed at the time of booking, validity of various package offers should be confirmed as we reserve the right to change without notice. All bookings are given an ‘Arrival/Check in’ time only. Please note this is not a “skydive” time. Whilst we endeavour to complete an individual’s tandem skydive within 4 hours of arrival, we advise you to arrive with no time constraints – you should plan for this to be a whole day’s activity. As safety is our main concern, factors such as wind, cloud, rain, thermal turbulence etc and other factors such as air traffic can affect the time it takes to complete your skydive activity. Weather can change for better or worse in minutes, and you will be unable to skydive unless you are at our Drop Zone. Weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances can also require Okanagan Skydive to alter the altitude of the skydive. As aircraft are mechanical and periodically become unavailable, we reserve the right to change aircraft type without notice. On occasion, these aircraft changes and Air Traffic Control (ATC) may require Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd to change our required altitude and number of participants in a plane. Medical conditions which could affect your safety should be discussed with your doctor prior to your booking. No alcohol or “recreational” drugs are to be taken for at least 8 hours prior to arrival. Please advise us if you are taking prescription medication.
2. Booking Changes/Cancellations Policy: To change your booking to a different date and time, we require 1 week notice or your deposit(s) will be void. For any cancellations prior to 1 week before booking date are charged a 10% cancelation fee.
3. Group Booking Policy: If there is more than one person tandem skydiving it is the group organiser’s responsibility to ensure everyone in the group understands and accepts the Okanagan Skydive Terms and Conditions. Group booking organisers must assist Okanagan Skydive Staff by providing a group organiser contact and organising individuals who wish to tandem skydive together. Group booking organizers MUST ensure all jumpers in the group have not consumed any alcohol or recreational dugs the day of the jump. Last minute additions to group booking are required to have the deposit paid prior to arrival at the Drop Zone. Those arriving at the Drop Zone without a deposit will have to wait until the conclusion of the day’s bookings before tandem skydiving.
4. Gift Certificates Policy: Gift Certificates are non-refundable but are transferable. Gift Certificates purchased directly through Okanagan Skydive will expire 24 months after purchase. Failure to show on your scheduled date and time will render your certificate invalid. Treat your certificate like cash and take care not to lose it. Remember to present your gift certificate on arrival to check-in as without it, you are unable to skydive.
5. DVD & Photo Terms and Conditions: DVDs and photographs purchased from or supplied by Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd remain copyright to Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd who own and retain the right to the footage and photographs. These may be used by Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd for company marketing purposes, and may only be used or reproduced by the purchaser or recipient for private or domestic purposes and must not be used for any commercial purpose, including promotion of any supplier or any supplier’s products or services without Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd prior permission. Please be advised that, should there be any technical issues relating to camera/ dubbing equipment, no warranties can be made against the individual skydive as the filming and skydive are two separate products.
8. Refund Policy: Deposits are per person (individual). Deposits are $50.00 per person to book your tandem skydive, this deposit will come off the price of the jump when your come in. Deposits are non-refundable but are transferrable. For any cancellations prior to 1 week before booking date are charged a 10% cancelation fee. Deposits may be transferred to another person to represent their skydive deposit. All gift certificates are non-refundable but are transferrable. The Purchaser must advise Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd in order to transfer a gift voucher.
9. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions: Be advised that once you accept the Terms and Conditions on the online booking form, it is received by Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd and serves as authorization of your payment and acceptance of the terms and conditions stated. You also agree to further indemnify Shuswap Skydive Center Ltd, it’s associate companies, directors and associates against any risk or action related to your participation in your skydive.